Skin Treatments 101: EndyMed™ Intensif & Fraxel Laser
The most recognizable part of your body is your face. We remember faces. In fact, scientific studies prove that our brains extract all sorts of information about faces from our eyes. Likely, you want your face to convey good information to others. Fortunately, science can help.
At Neem Medical Spa, we feature two innovative skin treatments that address a variety of facial skin imperfections. However, a question that many of our clients ask is: Which treatment should I use—EndyMed™ Intensif or Fraxel Dual Laser?
The following information answers this question.
AGE AND SKIN PROBLEMS
The treatment that Dr. Rosy Sandhu will recommend to you will depend on (1) your age and (2) the specific skin problem(s) you are facing. In most cases, the following is true:
- Ages 30+: This age group begins to experience facial skin damage that has began to accumulate. It is best to treat the age-related imperfections while they are in their infancy. Typical skin issues within this age group include brown spots, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tones.
- Fruitful 40s: Although the 40s are some of the most productive years professionally, these years can also present a variety of facial changes. The increase of fine lines, defined hyperpigmentation, rough skin patches, and wrinkles often begin in the forties.
- 50s and Beyond: At the half-century mark, it is common to start noticing age spots, deeper wrinkles, and skin laxity.
The good news is that both EndyMed™ Intensif and Fraxel Dual Laser can help reduce and eliminate many of the skin issues above. We utilize both treatments to:
- Prevent early aging signs
- Maintain beautiful facial skin
- Reverse environmental skin damage
- Repair long-term skin damage
Below is how the procedures work along with a description of which skin issues they are best suited to treat.
EndyMed™ Intensif is a form of microneedling that utilizes heat energy from radiofrequency technology to target certain depths of skin. As the heat energy interacts with skin cells, it stimulates new collagen and elastin growth. Hence, natural body functions will be reactivated to improve your skin over several weeks. Your face will improve day by day after the treatment!
During the procedure, we adjust the radiofrequency to reach the source of problem areas lying within skin layers. One of the excelling features of this technology is its ability to treat all skin types.
Types of skin issues addressed:
- Age spots
- Fine wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars
- Sun damaged skin
FRAXEL DUAL LASER
To treat deeper skin issues, we employ the Fraxel Dual Laser. This technology forms what is called microthermal zones within lower dermal layers. The effect is the pushing out of older damaged skin and replacing it with a fresher skin layer resting beneath. The process also triggers healthy skin growth along with increased production of collagen.
Types of skin issues addressed:
- Intensified sun damage (untreated for several years)
- Surgical scarring & deeper acne scars
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Precancerous skin lesions
- Some cases of melasma
Before choosing either treatment, it is always best to consult with a professional. Dr. Rosy Sandhu, founding director of Neem Medical Spa, is a licensed professional with 10 years of medical experience within a hospital environment. She understands the nuances involved in treating patients with various skin issues. If you would like to schedule a consultation with her, contact our office at your earliest convenience.